GALA is a highly rigorous college preparatory school.
All Middle School students complete:
· College board pre Advanced-placement (AP) course work in all core subjects
· Advanced mathematics courses can be taken beginning in 7th grade.
· Language Other than English (LOTE) UC Admissions requirement can be fulfilled.
All High School students complete:
· 4 years Mathematics
· 4 years Science
· 4 years English
· 3 years History
· 2 years Advanced Computer Science
· AP courses in multiple subjects (15 AP classes)
· AP Capstone (1 of only 5 schools in the district)
GALA CLASSES: All courses follow Common Core State Standards. All science classes follow Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
GALA COURSE MAPS
The following course map outlines courses and course options for Middle School and High School students. As our faculty grows, additional options will be added to the elective choices. Click on the faculty page to see teachers assigned to each class.
HIGH SCHOOL AP CLASSES - (subject to change)
AP PHYSICS 1
AP PHYSICS 2
AP ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
AP CALCULUS AB
AP CALCULUS BC
AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE
AP ENGLISH LITERATURE
AP CAPSTONE - AP SEMINAR / AP RESEARCH
AP WORLD HISTORY
AP US HISTORY
AP COMPARATIVE GOVERNMENT
AP COMPUTER PRINCIPLES
AP COMPUTER SCIENCE A (JAVA)
AP SPANISH LANGUAGE
Course description below changing for 2019-2020.